Discovering and nurturing the next generation of outstanding young wine writers has been one of our longstanding goals at Vinous. As part of our mission, Vinous established the Young Wine Writers Fellowship in 2014, shortly after we launched. We are announcing the 2023 edition of the fellowship, which is now the Vinous Josh Raynolds Young Writers Fellowship in honor of our late colleague Josh Raynolds. Josh loved wine, life and encouraging young professionals, so it seems apt that the fellowship will honor his memory going forward.
About The Vinous Josh Raynolds Young Wine Writers Fellowship:
The Vinous Josh Raynolds Young Wine Writers Fellowship is awarded to a selected writer with a passion for wine and an ambition to pursue a career in wine writing and journalism. The Vinous Young Wine Writers Fellow (“Fellow”) will receive:
1. A grant of $3,000 to help fund travel and research in a wine region that will be mutually agreed upon with Vinous
2. Mentoring from the Vinous team
3. The opportunity to have your work published on Vinous
1. A cover letter that describes your interest in wine and your career goals in the field
2. A current resume
3. Details of your intended use of the grant, including proposed travel destination and article(s) you expect to write
4. Links to published articles, including blog posts
5. An original wine-related article of 1,000 to 1,500 words. The subject matter can be on anything to do with wine, including, but not limited to, your experience of a particular wine, a visit to a producer or region, wine service and/or social commentary related to wine. Photographs and captions are not included as part of the word count. Selected applicants may also be given an opportunity to have their original works published on Delectable and/or Vinous.
6. Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission deadline is Friday, December 1, 2023 at 11:59pm ET.
All submissions must be directed to email@example.com. The submission deadline is Friday, December 1, 2023 at 11:59pm ET.
Candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 35 (both inclusive) as of the submission date.
Submissions will be evaluated by the Vinous editorial team. All decisions are final.
Vinous will announce the winner on Friday, December 15, 2023.
Vinous retains all rights to writings by the Fellow that emerge as a result of travels funded by the Fellowship. The destination and travel period will be mutually agreed upon by the Fellow and Vinous. Vinous has the option, but not the obligation, to publish the Fellow’s articles as part of the Vinous Josh Raynolds Young Wine Writers Fellowship program.
Vinous does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation or marital status.
The information above is accurate as of October 30, 2023 and is subject to change.